Saturday, December 21, 2013

Reading, Parallel Reading, To-Read


Its weekend, it’s raining, and I’m here in my room blogging. The weather is beautiful; I feel like dressing up, going out, have sheesha, chat uselessly, look around, window shop, buy a thing or two and have good food. While I wasn’t doing all this, I tried to take a nap but sleep won’t come. So I lied in my bed and stared blankly at the thing on my eye level – my book shelf.

Looking at it made me remember once again that I haven’t been reading much lately. I have so much to read but I somehow always end up doing something else instead of reading. And I know I should read more and something always tugs at my conscience when I think about it. So I thought I should write down a bit about my reading activities; to sum up my reading status.

I watched this movie Liberal Arts today and there was a dialogue between two ardent readers, one of them said, “I love trees ‘cause they give us books”. And I wondered while there was once a time I was such an eager reader, I wish I could say this with the same passion. I hope I get back to my bookworm self again soon. I guess it’s because everything is so modernized now that you would rather watch a sitcom or play a game on your smartphone than sit patiently and read a bit.

And then there is parallel reading. Maybe it’s because I want to read so many books and can’t finish one quickly enough that I start reading another. Apart from that, there are so many books I have that are unread and a whole lot of others are on my to-read list. I thought I will write down all the names of these books but I want to wrap up my post. So that’s it.    

Ending with the weather talk; I feel Christmasy, even though I’m neither Christian nor in the west. It’s like watching all those serials and movies with Holidays and Christmas part in them have finally crept a little into my subconscious.  

No comments:

Post a Comment