Thursday, September 16, 2010

Twilight

I had only heard that Twilight is a best selling book and is also a popular movie but looking at the cover, i didn't find anything that would catch my attention. But that was until my sister bought this book just because of it being a best seller, with no intention of reading it anytime soon. But it was me who picked up this book just to read the back cover and then i started flipping through the start to give it a try. As much as i have experience reading books, i have inferred that much that a book is always uninteresting till the first two or three pages and so was the case with this book too so i kept on reading and most certainly it caught me and i found that I'm liking reading it which turned into hard-to-leave-reading.
Edward Cullen, the perfect guy, fascination for every girl, and so was for me, though i wasn't a teenager when i read it :) I loved the place Forks and everything about Edward. The way he treated Bella, a true gentleman, that's the perfect word for him. Too bad guys are not into reading this book or they could gain some knowledge as to what is the way to treat girls :) The way the interaction of Edward and Bella Started and how it became closer and serious, was all too good. The Cullen family, Carlisle, Esme, Alice Jasper, Rosalie, Emmett and Edward, an unbelievably harmless vampire family, because of which they never really felt like real vampires. Their extraordinary beauty and they being immensely rich was another thing which was strange and new. But Bella was a character who was never happy and sometimes she was quite lame.
Like any other Twilight fan, i have my favorite dialogues: "and so the lion fell in love with the lamb"- Edward Cullen, "you are exactly my brand of heroine" -Edward Cullen and "take care of my heart, Ive left it with you" -Edward Cullen. None from Bella because smooth talking as never her thing.   
Till the end i was a new hardcore Twilight fan. I had no idea that this book has sequels so when the book ended 'just like that', without Bella turning into a vampire or any definite ending, it left me sour.
The movie was good too. Robert Pattinson seemed a perfect choice for the role of Edward Cullen. What more, i loved the song "eyes on fire" by Paramore, which was taken for the movie and it was played when Edward was looking at Bella from across the parking lot. I think it was a good choice, the lyrics suit. That mysterious kind of music all through the movie gave the real feel. Overall, the whole movie was excellent, no wonder it won so many awards. Well, to sum up, someone has rightly said, "Edward Cullen gave us unrealistic assumptions about boys" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment